Logistics, Cramping my Style

I am officially employed. Finally.

It's been three months since I've actually worked at all because of spraining my ankle, so it's kind of nice to get back to making some money again. Not to mention, I'll be working for a pretty fabulous rock gym, so that's a BIG plus. I can't find enough good things to say about them... they even stock up on coffee in the staff kitchen so we can be wide awake for our opening shifts. Sweet.

Also, I got a phone call today from a restaurant I applied at, which means I could have two jobs. That would not be awful.

Boulder is seriously growing on me. Not that I ever didn't like it, but I'm finding all the little niche communities that make it so cool. The girl who trained me for the front desk at the rock gym is primarily involved in acrobatics and stilts, as well as being a dancer, so I got lots of information about that community from her. My acro yoga instructor is also friends with her, and they're working to put on some regular local performances. It doesn't hurt that everyone is involved in multiple things here, either: most are not "just"dancers or "just" climbers, they do a little of everything.

And then... there's that thing called money. Just when I'm starting to get my feet on the ground with jobs, I have to give up two weeks of time in July for a dance program at the university that I signed up for months ago. Not a bad thing by any means, but cramps my ability to make enough money to stay out here. In this case, the odds are that I will be returning to the East Coast, even though I really want to make a go of it out here. Can't we all just go back to bartering? I teach you how to dance and you feed me, ok?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My 86-Year-Old Client

The usual? Nope, no more of that.

Artist vs. Craftsman