I've got a plan, and I know how to use it

January is a bizarro month for me. Winter does that snowy thing, hot tea and a book are always more inviting than traipsing in the cold, and every year without fail, I get RESTLESS despite choosing to hole myself up.

Late to the resolution party, but in time for Imbolc, I've made some goals for myself this year:

1. Graduate. Perhaps "duh". But I'm really looking forward to channeling my passion for anatomy, movement, and solving puzzles into what's turning out to be a great love for sports massage therapy.

2. Run 5 miles and pretend it doesn't suck. I've never particularly liked running, but I always feel awesome afterward. I kind of just want to see if I can train myself over the 3-mile self-imposed limit.

3. Climb a V5. Outside. And finish it - none of that "4 moves and I'm done" nonsense.

4. Buy a new car. All by myself. Cha-ching!

5. Travel. Chicago is a possibility this year, as is a road trip if that car works out well. You drive, I'll climb, and we'll switch and repeat, mmmmk?? And hey Jordy, I'm coming to Cali again.

6. Eat food and feel good about it. That's it - I'm tired of specifically restricting this, that, or the other thing. I get too obsessive about it and wind up relapsing hard. Nope, my new mindset will be purposely feeling good because I eat x/y/z, rather than if I don't eat x/y/z.

7. Be. Simple. Appreciate. Wonder. Listen. Feel. Bask.

8. Experience more live music. I like it, I love it, I want more of it.

9. Go back to dance classes. Who's teaching, what's going on out there? Modern, ballet?

10. Recognizing what is going right instead of focusing on every single thing that is not "perfect". Something I can always stand to get better at.

In setting an overall theme for the year, I'd like to explore my capabilities and push my own limits. I want to learn how to motivate myself to go to the gym when it's not a social experience, to take classes and go to shows just because I want to be there, and save the heck out of my hard-earned money to reap the benefits of having a vehicle with which to explore the world.

Invite abundance, forget disappointments, have an intention, and live the life :o)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My 86-Year-Old Client

The usual? Nope, no more of that.

Artist vs. Craftsman