We've got an angry, toxic human on line 6!

I. AM. SO. ANGRY. RIGHT. NOW.

Contributions to anger:
1. money
2. automobiles
3. sunscreen
4. food
5. People who would rather live in a box, closed up and sealed, thinking they can keep to themselves without having any effect on anyone else whatsoever.
6. "THEM". The people our society trusts to have all the answers, to be guiding our communities onward and upward, the ones who are supposed to have our best interests in mind but clearly don't.

Let's address the small stuff, shall we? I just quit a full-time, kinda cushy job because I am more interested in my life being put to productive use through integrity, giving people the best experience I am capable of giving, and teaching them to become students of life. Being in job limbo means that my spending dollars are going toward the necessities. The good news is that I have 2 jobs on deck; but I will be taking a financial hit by not having much, if any, expendable income. It angers me that integrity can have a price tag attached to it.

Then my car exploded antifreeze all over my driveway this afternoon. So that non-existent expendable income is now sticking out like a sore thumb. I'M JUST TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING HERE!! Why does that mean I need a big-ticket bill at this moment?!

Moving along: my mom asked me to wash the antifreeze off the driveway, which means my toxic sludge mess from my car is now on its way to the nearest drain to the ocean. I HATE THIS. I do NOT like contributing to the wasteland that we are making our Earth into. Our species must find a mass alternative to toxic transportation.

Speaking of toxins: I'm already aggravated with "THEM" for a variety of reasons, post-WWII industrialization being the over-arching theme. I've been taking a personal stand on the meat and GMO industries as best I can for the past 5 years, but I am SO SICK of THEM trying to cover up what is amounting to the slow, sickly decimation of humanity. Many of our leaders are contributing to, and indeed promoting, a way of life that is making us ill, making the planet sick, and then expecting that we accept our direction.

Sunscreen has been at the forefront of my mind because, let's face it, I'm Irish and I like to play outside. I've been doing my research, trying to figure out how best to spend my dollar for this year's supply, and I ran across yet another article today that questions whether sunscreens are even necessary. The references were interesting reads too, if you've got the time. But it all comes down to the same sort of thing: we live in a world of human-made toxins, and what have we got to show for it?

How about we all just admit we're human, we make mistakes, and instead of seeing how much money we can center our lives around, we actually take care of each other, educate each other, and give each other what we need?

I am so incredibly grateful that there are people out there who are devoting their lives to alternative transportation, planet-safe sunscreen, organic and sustainable farming. There are people who have enough guts and passion to challenge THEM, to dig deeper into an issue, to speak up for humanity's well-being. I realize that not everything is easy, and while I wish that more people would be courageous enough to challenge what is accepted, at least there is movement going on. At least we are not hopeless. I'm figuring out how to arm myself in the fight, but I can at least set an intention that my work will educate people the best way I know how in the meantime.

I invite you to offer your perspective if you feel moved to do so, in a courteous and healthy fashion. It feels good to be morphing out of the "too overwhelmed by the problem to do anything about it" and into a "how do I begin to make an impact?" stage. I also realize that I entirely skipped over the topic of medical progress, in an effort not to open another can of worms in writing. But I am happy to discuss.

Anger makes me laugh; while it doesn't feel productive to be angry, it does alert me to things that need to be addressed.

"What are we gonna do tonight, Brain?"
"Well, Pinky... try to take over the world!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My 86-Year-Old Client

The usual? Nope, no more of that.

Artist vs. Craftsman